Appropriate Adult Training
Who should attend:
Anyone who needs the skills to be able to undertake the role of Appropriate Adult when needed.
This course will give delegates a sound understanding of the legislative framework, consideration of the role before, during and after, and the wider context of the role.
All candidates who participate to the required level will receive a certificate of attendance from Essential Training
• When is an Appropriate Adult needed?
• Legislation and Circumstances
• Understanding the Law (Legal context)
• What does an Appropriate Adult do?
Looked After Children & Residential Care
• Confidentiality of the interview
• Do's and don'ts of appropriate adults
• What happens in court?
• Appropriate adults and conflicts of interest
• Access to legal representation
• Identification parades
• Intimate searches
• Effective communication and listening skills
• Dealing with Challenging behaviour
• Observation techniques
• Role of Solicitor Vs role of Appropriate Adult
• Data Protection
• Equal Opportunities
• Body Language
• Reprimands & Final Warnings
For more details on this course or any other training please call 01271 830338 or use our contact form to request a call