Emergency First Aid at Work
Who should attend:
Anyone wanting training in Emergency First Aid administration, regardless of any First Aid experience.
The aim of the courses is to enable the candidate to be able to act as an appointed person to take charge of the first aid arrangements, including looking after the equipment and facilities and calling the emergency medical service when required.
The course also covers basic information in the importance of preventing cross infection
All candidates who participate to the required level will receive a HSE certificate. HSE now approve Emergency First Aid at Work as a First Aider qualification.
Action in an emergency
• Factors involved during the emergency approach
• Initial steps of DR ABC
• Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
• How to make a diagnosis
Principles of resuscitation
• Procedures for artificial ventilation
• Procedures for cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
• Airway Obstructions
Wounds & Bleeding
• Types of Bleeding
• Preventative Cross-Infection
• General Rules for the treatment of wounds
• Types of fractures
• Treatment of fractures
• Recap on action at an emergency
For more details on this course or any other training please call 01271 830338 or use our contact form to request a call