Equality and Diversity
Who should attend:
Any healthcare professionals who need to raise their awareness of Equality and Diversity within their roles.
This course will give delegates an in-depth understanding of Equality and Diversity, the laws and reasons behind them.
All candidates who participate to the required level will receive a certificate of attendance from Essential Training.
• Definition of Equality and Diversity
• Maintaining Equality and Diversity
• Accepting Human Diversity
• Values and beliefs that underpin human diversity
• Concepts of prejudice and stereotyping and resulting negative effects
• Ways in which discrimination can be minimised
• Situations where discrimination is acceptable
• Three key acts of law
• Factors upon which discrimination can be based
• Direct and indirect discrimination
• Discrimination and its Prevention
• Understanding the Law and Taking Action
• Range of characteristics in human diversity -
Marital or civil partnership status
Abilities and disabilities
Ethnic, national or racial origins
Religion and belief
For more details on this course or any other training please call 01271 830338 or use our contact form to request a call