Parkinson’s Disease & Alzheimer’s Awareness
Who should attend:
Anyone who wishes to understand the nature and the effect Alzheimer’s & Parkinson’s disease has on individuals and the most appropriate care for people with the disease. It is most suitable for staff working in nursing & residential homes and those working with people affected by Alzheimer’s & Parkinson’s in their own homes.
To promote and share models of good practice in care by addressing the challenges experienced by people with Alzheimer’s & Parkinson’s in relation to mobility, swallowing, communication and other activities of daily living,
The course consists of direct teaching, videos, interactive workshop involving class room discussions & case studies.
All candidates who participate to the required level will receive a certificate of attendance from Essential Training
• Challenges of Alzheimer’s & Parkinson’s disease
• Three stages of Alzheimer's
• Person-centered approach to caring & support
• Guidelines for activities of daily living
• Prevent instances of hitting, biting and wandering.
• Activity and variety in everyday life
• Signs and symptoms of Alzheimer’s & Parkinson's disease
• Causes of Parkinson's & Alzheimer’s disease
• Caring for older people with both Alzheimer’s & Parkinson's.
For more details on this course or any other training please call 01271 830338 or use our contact form to request a call