Positive Behaviour Management
Who should attend:
Anyone who feels they need training in Behaviour De-escalation, Diffusion and Physical Intervention to continue their work effectively.
The training places the emphasis on preserving and developing positive relationships between people who exhibit challenging behaviour and those who work with them.
The programme clearly sets out the legal and statutory requirements for working in this area.
All candidates who participate to the required level will receive a certificate of attendance from Essential Training
• Establishing a common value base
• Promoting personal safety and preventing violence and aggression.
• Understanding what underpins challenging behaviour
• Challenging behaviour within the context of life and experience
• The environment and how it contributes to challenging behaviour
• Environmental changes that assist in the management of challenging behaviour
• Psychological and physiological impact of aggression
• Proven de-escalation techniques for managing challenging behaviour.
• Aftermath of challenging behaviour and the importance of maintaining a safe and secure environment
• Understanding the criteria for intervention
• The legal context
• Understanding the warning and danger signs
• Risk assessments
• Breakaway techniques
• Focuses of the Course:
• Non physical diffusion and de-escalation techniques for challenging behaviour
• Breakaway techniques for challenging behaviour
For more details on this course or any other training please call 01271 830338 or use our contact form to request a call